October PINK Event

For the month of October, I am making as many breasts as possible. I would love it if others joined me!

Let's see how creative you can be. Your faux breasts can either be knit or crochet. Natural colors or funky, bright colors.

If you are on-board, please contact me, and I'll add you to the list of contributors which will allow you to post pictures or write blog posts.

Thank you!


8.15.2009

Crochet Version


This pattern is for the breast on the far right FYI: The photos show unstuffed breasts


Size J crochet hook
Yarn: I used Vanna's Choice for the pink, and Paton's Grace for the white
Finished Measurements: 5 3/4" diameter before decrease row

CH 2
ROW 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook - 6 sc DO NOT JOIN
ROW 2: 2 sc in ea sc around - 12 sc
ROW 3: sc in blo of 1st sc, 2 sc in blo of next sc
*sc in blo of next sc, 2 sc in blo of next sc* Repeat from * to *
ROW 4: sc in 1st 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc, *sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc* Repeat from * to *
ROW 5: sc in 1st 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc, *sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc* Repeat from * to *
ROW 6: sc in 1st 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc, *sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc* Repeat from * to *
ROW 7: sc in 1st 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc, *sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc* Repeat from * to *
ROW 8: sc in 1st 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc, *sc in next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc* Repeat from * to *
ROW 9: sc in blo of ea sc around
ROW 10: repeat ROW 9

DECREASE ROW
ROW 1: How this works is that you decrease where you previously increased. So, you *sc in 6 sc, sk 1 sc* repeat from * to *
ROW 2: *sc in 5 sc, sk 1 sc* repeat from * to *
ROW 3: *sc in 4 sc, sk 1 sc* repeat from * to *
ROW 4: *sc in 3 sc, sk 1 sc* repeat from * to *
ROW 5: *sc in 2 sc, sk 1 sc* repeat from * to *
Fasten off.

NOTE: I left an opening of about 14 sts in the center back. I will leave that open for stuffing, and then stich the opening close. You might want to leave this for the recipient to do so they can achieve the fullness they personally want.



If you find any errors, please leave a comment. I wrote this up as I went along, and therefore it has not been tested for accuracy.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am sure this will help lots of women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to share this with my mom who is a crocheter - going strong at 90 years of age.

    ReplyDelete